Monday, July 24, 2006

Day 0

I was awake until 12 last night...bad idea, I know, but at least I'll sleep well tonight. Drove down to Oakland with my buddy Tom and checked in...Marriot is nice...at some Vietnamese food and went back to my room and took a short nap, then went an exercised. There was some young kids running as fast as they could. They lasted about ten minutes. Wankers. The chick had a shirt that said "Yale". What is it about Tier one grads that they so often need to assuage their sense of superiority by sporting the label? In the bar exam, we are all equal. Well, okay, they have 90% bar pass rate (probably a result of their rigorous admissions policy rather than their rigorous education). The guys all respect the most don't even mention it. You find out about it in passing.

It's odd how it's all set up. There are no signs, the bar is very unhelpful. Just one room with securities warnings along the front "You are entering a secure examination area....blah blah blah".

I've had episodes of panic over the last several days, none turning into a full-blown panic attack, and more often now alternating with a sense of calm. Some of the candidates look incredibly nervous, and others look cool as a cucumber. I keep thinking about studying but all I can do is go over my checklists and kind of glance around. I keep finding uncomfortable gaps. I know that a class action requires numerosity, typicality, commonality, and adequacy, but there is another three things...and something about notice....I've realized that this kind of stuff probably is minimal points. The point is, did you spot the issue?

All I can do is remain calm and repeat my mantras;

DON'T DISMISS IN YOUR HEAD WHAT YOU NEED TO DISMISS ON PAPER

HAVE YOU TRANSFERRED EVERYTHING FROM YOUR SCRIBBLINGS ONTO THE OUTLINE?

TRUST THE PROCESS

EVERY FACT HAS A HOME

-------------------------
sO FAR I have xtian evangelicals praying, a wicca circle, and of course everyone else sending positive energy my way....

1 Comments:

Blogger Politically Lost said...

OK, here it comes, ready????....Positive confidence flowing in your direction. Cool, calm, collected and charming. Let it all wash over and through, and you'll be seeing the issues.

Dealing with each, in a competent workman like manner. Placing them in context and making reasonable arguments from the facts provided.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home