Friday, September 02, 2005

Crybaby nation...

But there was also anger and profane catcalls.

"Hell no, I'm not glad to see them. They should have been here days ago. I ain't glad to see 'em. I'll be glad when 100 buses show up," said 46-year-old Michael Levy, whose words were echoed by those around him yelling, "Hell, yeah! Hell yeah!"

"We've been sleeping on the ... ground like rats," Levy said. "I say burn this whole ... city down.
============================
The above quote comes from someone in New Orleans who was in the process of being saved. Whenever I see ungrateful people with this sense of entitlement, it brings me much anger. Who exactly owes this many anything? When I see idiots in dirty nightshirts in Iraq screaming in the streets, or in Palestine, or here in the US, demanding that someone give them something while men risk their lives to do so, I see spoiled children. I see a situation where I would turn and walk away, and leave him to burn his city. And when he is done burning his city, and is hungry, and needs food, the will come begging.

The world doesn't owe us anything. We need to rememember that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home