Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Take the bar with me...

Okay...it's official...I'm studying for the bar exam...I signed up for Micromash because I've seen the barbri video tapes and consider them a complete waste of time. A home study course, for the self-disciplined seems the better way to go. I work on the MBE's mainly, at this point, and occasionally look at barbri's "conviser mini-review" which I consider an absolute treasure.

The bar exam is unfair, malicious, but it's the game we have to play. I spend a good amount of time studying what people say rather than the bar itself. It's a good time waster, but it's a lot more interesting. I came across one comment from some jackass from Columbia "the bar is mere formality for us". Right. That's why one out of ten of your illustrious students fail? If your so fucking brilliant, how do you get into such a school and then fail the bar? Oh, because they have "other" things going on? Bullshit. They fail because it's hard, they didn't study hard enough, and that's the bottom line. Witness the embarrassement of the former Stanford Dean's failure on the California bar and the subsequent assholeness of her law firm, blaming the graders.

If I fail, it will because I didn't study hard enough, the test is unfair, and I didn't get lucky enough to be tested on something I knew.

Time for some MBE's....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home