Thursday, October 19, 2006

OPPORTUNITY AND FEAR

So I go into this interview for a contract paralegal job for this firm in SR. I guess it went pretty well because before I know it, the guy is offering me a job as an attorney at 2400 billable hours at 65K. The law school I went to is not a prestigious one, which means that any opportunity that comes my way must be pounced upon almost without question. The interesting thing is that it is in what I wanted to do; probate and trusts. Provided I pass the bar I'm an attorney. If I don't, then I'll get less money and won't be able to take the bar in February. They will train me and get their moneys' worth out of me, and I'll take it again in July, in the meantime getting valuable experience.

Now 2400 hours is completely unbelievable. That means that for the next year, I will have no life. Until I get up to speed, it will be hard. VERY hard.

But I'm hungry, still relatively young, and excited for the challenge. Hard to believe.

Of course, this puts a little more pressure on me to pass the bar. But the test is already taken. The dice are rolled.

I start monday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you! You may wish to put your blogging on hiatus unless it provides an essential outlet for you. I've had my share of quiet periods.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Politically Lost said...

You could have gotten this job a few months earlier, but noooooooo! You have to wait until I'm selling yellow page ads to people that hate me.

And, that fucking picture of the fat kid is killing me.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home