Sunday, April 17, 2005

And from the defenders of the weak...

Talk Left had a recent take on the decisions in Fanfan and Blakely, two important supreme court decisions related to sentencing guidelines which are a little more complicated than I care to go into right now. The tone of his blog rather reminds me of the Evidence Professor here at Empire and the cult that follows him around. Their detractors in the DA's office report that there are those in the Public Defenders' office who have "drank the kool-aid"... http://www.talkleft.com/


Of course, I have always had a bit of sympathy for the defense. In this law and order society that romanticizes the victims of criminals and ignores the victims of system (wow, I feel like I'm in college again...did I really say "system"?) you always have to ask yourself why the same people who ask "How can you defend those people?" Never ask "How could you prosecute those people?"

These are scary times....

I think if I see one more godawful police/CIA stop terrorism drama on television I'm going to puke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home